Thursday, April 16, 2009

Christmas Card #1

Now I'm moving on to the last two cards for my order which are Christmas cards. These will be fun because I love making Christmas cards even though every year I wait until the last minute and never get them done the way I want to because I've run out of time and have to rush, rush, rush. I noticed in other blogs that stampers have a goal to make a few Christmas cards per month during the year so it's not overwhelming once the holiday season begins. It's a great idea and I should try to do that. However, I'm a huge procrastinator with an eight-month old baby so chances are that's not going to happen! Anyway, it was really fun doing this card because I already made a similar one this past Christmas. I've had the idea in my head for a while now and I actually drew a sketch for it which I've never done before. I wanted to emboss the edges of the snow but got lazy when it came time to doing it so I used glitter instead. I also wish I had oval punches for the sentiment so that's something else to add to my list of crafting supplies to buy.



Sources: Staples cardstock; Japanese rice paper; Sunshine Designs stamps; Memories Black ink; Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue ink; Diamond Sparkles by Personal Stamp Exchange; Gary Burlin silver glitter glue; Stampin' Up tearing edge; Laurentien pencil crayons; Marvy snowflake punch

No comments: