Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! This is my first mother's day so I know how very special today is. I just wanted to share what my husband and son did for me. It's so blog-worthy! My husband made this card for my eight-month-old son to give me and also bought me all these gorgeous Copic markers!! Apparently he had been sneaking into my stash in the evenings over the past week and working on this card bit by bit. Pit'r is our extremely xenophobic cat and the house hippo is a fictional animal but Pit'r likes to hide in our closets so we joke that she's hunting for the house hippo. Hippos Go Berserk by Sandra Boynton is also one of our son's favourite books so this all explains the card. Anyway, I think the card is such a silly creation and I needed to show it because I don't think there are many husbands out there who secretly make cards. Plus I can't wait to use my new Copic markers! I may just have to use them for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.



Sources (as far as I can tell): DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; Domtar EarthChoice paper; SU! Pun Fun; SU! Baby Firsts; sentiment of an unknown brand; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; Laurentien pencil crayons; Jewels chalks; Dimension squares

No comments: