Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thanks...100,000 times over

Can you believe I was waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my new oval punches so I could finish this card when I suddenly realized I didn't have to since there were already oval shapes in the Verve's Sweet On You stamp set? LOL I must be losing my mind. This is Verve's third release week challenge. I hope I have time to get them all done because I'd love to win some new stamps. ;) This was a very cute sketch and so easy to work with. I raised both ovals with dimension squares because it looked so pretty! I didn't put the top bow in the centre because it covered part of the sentiment and I didn't think that looked good. I also didn't like how it looked if the bow was attached to the scalloped oval either. The bottom also looked like it was missing something so I added a second bow and my card was done! I did have to wait for the sun to come out before taking pictures since we had a series of summer thunderstorms roll through. I was hoping it would cool down just a little but it's still as hot and humid as ever! I hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday. Thanks for stopping by!

Sources: DCWV cardstock; Fancy Pants Designs potpourri paper; Verve Sweet On You; Memories Artprint Brown ink; SU Brilliant Blue ink; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Offray ribbon; dimension squares

3 comments:

Stamp and Smile said...

You are rocking these Verve challenges!! Super sweet card and warm colors... love the cute bows! SMILES.. Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is a beauty! That Verve challenge was a good one hey!

Kristina said...

Very cute! I love the fun, cheery colors! And it's always a good day when the UPS man pulls up!!