Monday, August 24, 2009

Two Reasons to Celebrate

I didn't realize August 29th was sneaking up on me so quickly! I have two wonderful friends celebrating their birthdays on the same day and they also know each other. I had to make these cards today and get them in the mail so they'll arrive on time. I thought I would make quasi-matching cards because I didn't want them to have the exact same cards and one couldn't be better than the other. ;) Plus one of these ladies makes and sells cupcakes for special occasions so she'll really love her card! I thought I used the same dimensions but looking at them now I can see there are differences. I have no idea how that happened! Ever since I made these two cards: Hey There Cupcake and My Favourite Sweets, I've wanted to use sprinkled beads on a cupcake to combine the two ideas. I varied the cupcake icing, paper and sentiment although both use the same delicious, pretty colours.




Sources: Halcraft (white), DCWV (sweet stack) cardstock & SU (chocolate chip) cardstock; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; Memories Artprint Brown ink; Pebbles Inc. chalks; PSX Diamond Stickles; SU Crystal Effects; random beads; American Crafts mini chestnut brads; dimension squares

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh yummy love your sprinkles.

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Cute cupcake cards!!