Monday, February 22, 2010

Get Well

I haven't had a lot of time to craft lately but I had to make a feel better card for my best friend's dad who's going through a lot of blood transfusions for a rare form of leukemia. He's fairly elderly and has already survived two other forms of cancer including prostate so he's a very strong man. Obviously my friend has been distraught over the situation, especially since the doctors can't even say how long her dad has. I know a homemade card will cheer him up. Being Greek and very traditional, I knew I had to make this card pretty yet masculine. That's quite a feat! I've been wanting to try this ruffly ribbon border for a while now and finally got a chance to put it in action. I have no idea if anyone's done it before but I think it turned out nicely and I'm definitely going to have to use it again.

Sources: SU Bashful Blue & Kraft cardstock; SBD white cardstock; SU Botanical Blooms; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; Memories Black & Sky inks; SU Bashful Blue 5/8" satin ribbon; Gutermann thread

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Simply beautiful Emily! Did you cover the stitching on the inside?