Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary

This is a simple, elegant card for my sister and brother-in-law. I still remember all the details of their amazing wedding in Glasgow, Scotland back in 2003. While vacationing in London, England afterwards, hubby proposed to me the same day his nephew was born (back in Denver time). Yup, it was a very memorable year. :)

Anyway, back to the card. I'm always trying to find new ways to use SU's retired colour Kiwi Kiss. I think that little splash of olive green adds a freshness to this card much like spring itself! I can't get enough of PTI's Text Style II. If I had no willpower, I'd probably use it on every single one of my cards. LOL Lastly, I added that tiny little heart to symbolize their daughter who's turning one this weekend!

Sources: SU Kraft, Naturals Ivory & Real Red cardstock; PTI Background Basics: Tin Types; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; PTI Heart Prints; Memories Black ink; SU Kiwi Kiss ink; Vivid Red ink; Versamark Watermark ink; PSX Red embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; EK Success Medium & Large Heart punches; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; Forever in Time Pop-Dots

2 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card, Emily! Funny how you can't keep from using that stamp set, I was commenting today that I can't keep from using the argyle EF! BTW - the argyle embossing folder is by Cuttlebug!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this Emily, FABULOUS.