Sunday, June 27, 2010

True Friend

I hope you all had a great weekend! I wanted to craft yesterday but it was dreary and rainy so we ran all our errands and I didn't have any time for myself. This morning was quite the opposite and my husband took our son for a bike ride so I was able to get some crafting done. :D

This card is for Etsy Inspired Challenge #94 which is to be inspired by the Etsy shop Sand Box Studio. Last night I was staring at my "E" sticky note pad and wondering if a card made with those colours would look good. They seemed a little extreme. Then I saw this bag in the Sand Box Studio shop and BAM! that was all the inspiration I needed. What an awesome bag!

I love bags, especially reusable ones for shopping, and I can never have enough of them. ;) I only used a teeny bit of purple (unlike the note pad), and added bright yellow and dark brown just like on the bag. The dark brown is most likely black but I decided on dark brown to keep it earthy. Since there was an owl, I just had to use my new Unity set again. See? Endless inspiration!

There is a tiny bit of purple in the dp and that moon is my way of dragging myself out of a dp rut. LOL The larger owl's pink heart wing is popped as are the owls themselves. I used a spooky Halloween tree die to create the branch the owls are standing on. I just cut some of the branches off and turned it 90 degrees. I'm not sure why I never thought to try that before! Since I love that little row of leaves from Fly Free, I had to use it at the bottom of this card to complete the scene. This may be another one of those cards I can't bear to give away... but I will... to a really awesome friend. ;)

Sources: SU Ruby Red cardstock; AC textured cardstock; Basic Grey Indian Summer Acorn dp; Unity June 2010 Kit of the Month - Fly Free; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; QuicKutz house & tree die; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; Forever in Time pop-dots

8 comments:

Smita said...

I love the colors on this card!! Very elegant... I can never keep them so CAS.

G Peplow said...

Great card Emily, love it, the colours are really different but that works for me! :)xx

Angela said...

What is it about owls that's just so dang irresistible? Very cute card, and I love your bold color choices!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card, Emily! I love how you've used the bag and your notepads as inspiration for the colours. Lucky, lucky friend who receives this!

Jennifer said...

Your card is ADORABLE! Love those CUTE owls!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

How cute is this card!!!!!

Lea L. said...

What an adorable card! Totally loving the tree branch and cutie owls!! Great job with the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

de said...

Oh snap! This is ADORABLE! I love it and so perfect for your inspiration bag!

Thanks so much for playing EtsyInspired this week!