Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happiness is Owning a Gallery Idol Card + More!

Three items of business for this post:

(1) Thank you!
(2) Hero Arts July Contest Card!
(3) Congratulations card from Meg Craig, Gallery Idol Top 20 Finalist!

(1) All of you who visit here are amazing. I just wanted to say that because it's true! Even when I don't have time to visit your blogs, you still keep coming back. I'm one of those people who feel bad about not being able to comment back so I really appreciate the constant love and support you show me. I can't say thank you enough! My mojo came back last night and I'll be sharing that card with you on Friday. :)

(2) I'm entering today's card in the Hero Arts July Contest for the Summertime Theme. It's one I made a little while ago (but hadn't blogged yet) for a friend of ours who's a bicycle designer and orders Christmas cards from me annually. In fact, you may remember them! I wanted his birthday card to be unique and these stamps from Bicycles and Essential Messages worked beautifully together. I die cut a separate ivory circle for the bike, stamped on it, then die cut the layers of grass and debossed the ring before putting the scene together. This card holds true for the daily rides my son enjoys but not so much for my poor aching ankles and knees. LOL

Sources: SU Old Olive, Naturals Ivory, Tempting Turquoise & Certainly Celery; Hero Arts Bicycles & Essential Messages; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large; Papertrey Ink Linen & Canvas Impression Plate; My Favorite Things Fresh Cut Grass die; QuicKutz Epic Six

(3) Usually, I save a bunch of RAKs to post all at once but I just had to post this one right away because (a) it took so long to get here due to the Canada Post lockout, (b) it's one of the most amazing cards I've ever seen and (c) it got Meg into the 2011 Gallery Idol Top 20! Check it out:

Yup, Meg made it for me because she was so happy that I finally bought a house! I couldn't be happier that it got her into the Top 20. Yay, Meg! Have you seen the cards the Top 20 made for Round 1: DIY Embellishments? The Top 15 that are moving on will be announced on Friday so you only have about 16 more hours to vote. Go vote! :)

34 comments:

Karen B. said...

Glad your mojo came back so you could post a fabulous card! Love those colors.

Emily Keaton said...

(1) You're welcome!
(2) Great card. Love your design!
(3) You are so lucky to be the happy recipient of Meg's awesome creation. GO, MEG!!

Virginia L. said...

FANTASTIC idea and design, Emily! I love seeing part of the bike--makes it more intriguing! Have fun biking with your son! PS: You are the lucky recipient of this card??---amazing it is!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You and bicycles are a good pair and how exciting that you got Meg's card, wow is allI can say!!!! You have some talented friends. A fabulous birthday card arrived in my mailbox today, thank you thank you.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I just love the bike peeking through your circle! LOVE that--sooooo clever!!! And WOW! I cannot believe you received that beautiful card! WOOOOOOOOOOWZA! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Jennifer said...

LOVE all your great bike cards and what a awesome congrats card from your friend!!! (=

BabyBokChoy said...

Love your bike card and that house one you got is absolutely GORGEOUS!! wowser, what a friend!! lucky you!!! :)

donna mikasa said...

Your bicycle card is awesome, Emily! Love how the bike peeks through and the grass on the bottom!

You are so lucky to be the recipient of that amazing card--wow!

Anita Rex said...

Wow she made that card for you???? So awesome! She put so much effort and work into this beauty that I am so happy it got her in! :> Love your card too! :> Hope your having lots of showing in your condo!

G Peplow said...

Hi Emily, Your bike card's amazing and so inventive:0) Meg's card (didn't she do well) is just brilliant, lucky you to receive it but you do deserve it!!! LOL Hugs Gay xxx

Jay Gee said...

Love your card Emily, it's so cool - feels like peeking out the window. And congrats to Meg for her fabulous card and lucky you for receiving it :)

Jenny said...

I love visiting your blog Emily to see your wonderful creations not just for you to return the visit so don't worry hun.
The bicycle card is fab, I'm sure it'll be well recieved.
How lucky to recieve such a creative card...I spotted it in the ccontest too. The final 20 are all amazing, it'll be an interesting contest :)
Jenny x

Erin said...

That bike card is so cool! I like that the bike is "peeking" out from the circle! What an amazing house card, lucky you to receive it!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! love all your projects!! the first card is simple, clean and beautiful!great stamping technique. the second card is gorgeous!!! great colors & 3D work.

Brandi said...

The first card with the bicycle on it is so cute!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet bike card-love the grass! how sweet of meg--her card is adorable!

Tee said...

Oh! I love Meg's card...I was thrilled to see that card in the Gallery and now its in your hands!! wow!! look at all those cute details..the banner, the white picket fence, the attic, the chimney!! Go Meg go!! wishing her all the best!!
Love the scene that you created with half a bicycle...p.s. what's debossing mean? I keep getting confused!

Shauna K said...

love loving your card!!! the blue circle totally draws your eye to the image, the dual-tone grass is fabulous, and it's just a fabulous card :D hehe!

Unknown said...

wow, congrats on getting meg's card and a house!!! awesome!!! love your bike card, too!

Angela said...

The bike is so cute! Love the texture on the aqua ring, too.
Of course Meg's card is awesome -- I'm so glad it got to you in one piece. Well, it has multiple pieces, but you know what I mean!

Lisa said...

Love the bicycle peeking thru like that. I love this clean design and colors :) Fab card from Meg- I saw this and it's a jaw dropper! Such nice friends you have :)

Julie said...

Love your adorable bicycle card Emily! The sentiment is perfect! Love the grass under the wheels too! I'm just back from vacation myself and way behind on visiting blogs and commenting. I feel guilty too if I don't comment glad it's not just me. You shouldn't feel bad though we all love coming and seeing your fabulous cards and letting you know we stopped by!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That's so cool that you have Meg's card...it's just phenomenal!

Your bicycle card is awesome. I love the blue frame and the two different colors of grass are perfect. Love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

I remember your bicycle cards well - they are my favourite cards of yours! This is another beauty too. Congratulations on the return of your mojo!

Brenda said...

Love your bicycle card with the bit of grass you added! Great touch! Beauty of a card from Meg, no wonder she made it through!

Meg said...

Love that bicycle card! I need to remember that I'm allowed to not use the entire stamp-I love the feeling of peeking onto a sweet little scene that you achieved with the circle!

Glad your mojo is back and that your card made it to you so quickly and in one piece (and glad you liked it even though you weren't surprised by it. ;) ).

Anonymous said...

That is one fabulous card my dear and lucky you with that RAK! Amazing.

lisa a.

Amy Kolling said...

Love the spotlight on the bicycle with the frame! I love doing this!

How great is that? You have a pretty special friend there to send you this card! Gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

I love the bicycle card! That's so cool that you got the congrats card. When I saw it in the Gallery Idol I was amazed, so neat to see where it went!

Lindsey said...

This my be my favourite bicycle card yet, Em! You're so good at paying attention to detail; the debossing is a small thing but adds so much to the interest of the card.
And Meg's card!!! I may have to visit again just so I can see a Gallery Idol masterpiece like that in person! :P

Scrapcollectr said...

So, so , so amazing! Love it!
*smile*

Sunghee said...

Oh my~!!! Love your card with the grass. Great composition. And wow~, awesome card from meg!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL, I knew when Meg posted that card that it MUST be for you, and I was so excited to 'see' you get it. How awesome is that?
As usual, I love your bike card. I finally broke down & got a bike stamp, and it's all your fault. Thanks ;) Perfect sentiment to go with.

Libby Hickson said...

Emily I love love love your bicycle card!! Are you surprised? haha It's adorable. And oh my word, that RAK from Meg is amazing!!