Monday, December 19, 2011

What a Life Set

I made this quick and easy set of cards using the Hero Arts sets What a Life, Joy Ride and Bicycles for the Hero Arts December Contest. It's good to have a couple of last-minute gifts on hand during the holiday season for surprise drop-ins! ;)

I wanted to use all seven sentiments from What a Life because they cover all types of occasions and I love the impact of the bold fonts. The tricycle card even works for a new baby gift!

I paired up each sentiment with bikes from two sets, Joy Ride and Bicycles. The package of seven cards and envelopes is tied together with olive green burlap string.

Sources: SU Natural White cardstock; Hero Arts Joy Ride, Bicycles & What a Life; SU Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Wild Wasabi, Ballet Blue & Melon Mambo inks; Tim Holtz for Ranger Scattered Straw & Dusty Concord distress inks; Memories Black ink; May Arts olive burlap string

16 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE this set of note cards, Em! :)

Lisa said...

Another fab set, Emily! Great sentiments with a nice simple (and sweet) image :) Perfect!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love these such a great set of cards!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This card is so YOU! CAS, check, bicycles, check, well packaged, check!

Karen B. said...

So clean and simple and perfect.

Annette Allen said...

How fun...I love this set...

Lindsey said...

What a fun, rainbow set of cards! I love how you matched up the bikes and sentiments.

Lynn said...

What an absolutely awesome set Emily! Love it! I received your gorgeous card today! Oh how I loved it! The perfect CAS beauty and loved the touch of gems to highlight the star! Thank you!

Virginia L. said...

How FUN and colorful!! I love these assorted colors of images for set of cards!Note to myself: I should play with that set more often!

Emily Keaton said...

That set is absolutely adorable, Emily! I love all the different sayings and how you used a different color for each bike. This is one awesome set!! Perhaps I should be a surprise drop-in at your house in the next few days ;) . . .

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those bike images are sooooooo cute! LOVE this set--fabulous!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, these are sooooo cool, Emily!! Love all the colorful bikes here and the sentiments are perfect!!! Very, very nice set!!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Houses Built of Cards said...

Ooooo - I LOVE these!!! I'm a sucker for bicycles, and love the clean and simple look! So cute!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

Rainbow? Love. Bicycles? Love. Sentiment variety? LOVE! Awesome set, Emily! I think I may have to borrow at least the rainbow & sentiment ideas since I have a few quick sets to hurry up & make...thanks for the last-minute request, hubby! lol

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, I love each and every one of these! The images and sentiments go perfectly together!

Anonymous said...

These are just super-Em fantastic!!! LOVE all the images and the great cas design! You rock!