Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Miss You, Friend

It's hard for me to put away these Flip Flop Dies. They are so cute! I could make a card for every single friend with them. :)

This time, I used the neon colours from the Hero Arts July Contest colour challenge. The card base features the Plano stamp in Snow chalk ink. The month is half over and I haven't touched my Summer Stamp School set so I pulled it out and used the sentiment and arrows on this card. These stamps are made by Hero Arts and I love them so you'll be seeing more cards featuring them soon!

I have a couple of popped ribs and a swollen disc so I've been icing my back a lot. If I were outside, the ice would feel great but inside I have to wear a sweater and two fleeces to tolerate the huge ice pack. Brrr!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft cardstock; SU Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight & Tangerine Tango; Hero Arts Plano; Studio Calico+Hero Arts Summer Stamp School; Hero Arts Snow chalk ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Lil' Inker Designs Flip Flop dies; Spellbinders Standard Circles Large; SU Basic Pearls; foam tape

17 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great take on the challenge!
Love your idea of using a round card here too ;-)

Thank You Emily!

Karen B. said...

what an awesome design Emily, love the colors too.

Glenda J said...

This is so fun Emily! What a brilliant design! Love the colours. The flip flops are perfect!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous colors, design and card Emily. Love these flip flops. TFS

Jessi Fogan said...

The colours really pop off the kraft, and the Plano stamp is just awesome. Such a simple addition but it totally makes the card :)
It totally sucks about your back - when your back is hurt, nothing works properly :( I hope it's better soon!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

FABULOUS!
Love your design as always!
Hugs, Karin

Lynn said...

Such a clever design...love the circle and the arrows...fabulous...I think I say that every time I comment :)!

Karen Dunbrook said...

total cuteness...so fun too.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun card! Love how it mixes the kind of modern with the cute, very fun and eclectic and of course such great summer colors!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh my goodness, this is WAY cute! Love those little flip flops Em! Take care of yourself and I hope you get to feeling better.

Jingle said...

SUPER CUTENESS!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Em! I loooove those sandals! SO FUN!

Unknown said...

Love those flip-flops Em! Hope you get back on track soon!

Lindsey said...

Ow on the popped ribs and swollen disc -- take it easy for a while! :P
Awesome card! I love the circle shape and the fun neon colours.

yyam said...

Wow! Love the graphic appeal of this card! :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

So pretty, Emily! Love how you used that circle!!!! Great idea!!
Hugs, Wendy

Gabby said...

What a great flip flop card! Like the circular shape and the backgrond is neat. :)