Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{Paper Smooches} Spookalicious

I have loads of Paper Smooches Halloween goodness to share with you today! These are the same cards Kim is sharing on the Paper Smooches Blog and of course it's the eve of the new release so you'll want to snatch up this super fun set at midnight tonight! ;)

This first card mixes the new Spookalicious with last year's Halloweenies. They go perfectly together! I was giggling the entire time I made this and my husband couldn't stop laughing when he saw it. I know, I say that about a lot of my Paper Smooches cards but Kim's illustrations are so cute and funny, I can't help it! I love the look on the vampire's face. LOL The sentiment is also from Spookalicious and the witch and spider are from Halloweenies.

I made this second card to show the versatility of Spookalicious. It's not only for Halloween cards! The pumpkin in this set could be dressed up in a million different ways but since it's hollow inside, you can stretch it out and make different pumpkin shapes or balloons as I've done here! Only the green chevron balloon is in the pumpkin's original shape. Isn't that chevron owl the cutest? I used pretty, summery papers to make this into an any-occasion celebration card with a sentiment from Simply Said.

The August release of Spookalicious, Graffiti and Daisies & Paisleys is tonight! Will you be shopping? :D I can't wait to see what you make with these wonderful stamps!

Sources for You're Bootiful: Gina K Designs pure luxury white & black cardstock; Echo Park Apothecary Emporium Collection; Paper Smooches Spookalicious & Halloweenies; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copic markers; 0.3mm black Copic liner; foam tape

Sources for Happy Everything: Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; Echo Park Country Drive paper pad; Paper Smooches Spookalicious & Simply Said; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU More Mustard & Wild Wasabi inks; May Arts natural burlap string; foam tape; We R Memory Keepers corner chomper

34 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

dear Emily..I love your cute card, both are beautifully done...miss you but I know you must be so busy...me too I am busy with my practicing job but I have not to learn also I can make a bit card......big hugs...

Wendy ten Hove said...

Yep, these are totally brilliant, Emily! Love that owl! We don't celebrate halloween here, but might just get the set because of that owl, ha ha! :-D
Hugs, Wendy

Annette Allen said...

so cute...you are just too fun...always get a smile when I see your cards...love them..

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

I truly love your style Emily. These cards are fantastic. I love that your husband laughed along with you. Can't wait to see what you've got lined up for us next. : )

snappy scrappy said...

These are both so darn cute...but my fav is the cute owl card...love it! Lee-Ann :)

Julie said...

These cards are both BOOTIFUL - LOL. That witch on the Halloween card reminds me of a witch decoration we used to have when I was a kid (way back in the 70's)! I LOVE your Happy Everything card too! Fabulous mix of papers and shapes for your balloons and your owl looks perfect sporting chevron paper! Love it!

Kimmy said...

I think I am obsessed with your cards! That owl card is to die for cute!!! I've gotta have that set!!! :))

Brenda said...

OMG! Halloween already! I'll stick to Happy Everything for now! I always love your fun and colorful cards Emily! Sorry for being so scarce, I just d not seem to have much time to myself before my eyes close!

cassie said...

Those are so cute! I'm a huge owl fan. He's super cute with those balloons :)

Unknown said...

Both cards are boo-tiful! Love count Dracula and the cute balloons with the jute twine.

Dortesjs said...

your cards are very cute

Karen said...

Both cards gave me a little chuckle. So cute. That witch really cracks me up.

Jackie Rockwell said...

I just ADORE both of your cards Emily!!! The colors are perfection on the first one and the second is so whimsical!

Lynn said...

I love how you always show the versatility of sets. Both cards are awesome! Can't wait to see the full reveal!

Jennifer said...

These are both super cute! I love owls and I am getting so excited that Haloween is coming. =)

Evelin said...

your cards are so cute!!!! YOu're so fast! Preparing for Halloween? :)

Lindsey said...

Pumpkin as balloon? Brilliant. Two totally fun cards. :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love that Halloween card, Em!!! I loooooooove how you colored his face! FUN owl card too:) YOU ROCK!

yyam said...

Hehe...these just made me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the pumpkins!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun and funny Emily! Great paper piecing.

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute....sooooo fun...
hugs,
K

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love when I see what "holiday themed" stamps can be used for besides the specified theme! And these are just too cute! LOVE that owl with the balloons!
Lisa

Katie Ann Brooks said...

awesome cards Emily!

Jingle said...

These are SO cute! I can't WAIT to get this set!

Sue McRae said...

These are such fun cards, love them!

Lisa Arana said...

look at you rockin' out the patterned paper!!! Amazing as ever em!

Karen B. said...

These are most adorable, and they tell a story too!

Jen W. said...

These are genius! The Halloween card totally cracked me up and those pumpkin balloons rock!

Pryn said...

FABULOUS cards!!! It is official...I am going to be broke..lol! You make these PS sets too hard to resist :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh mY Emily! You did it again!!
Gorgeous, inspirational and so darn funny!!

Thank YOU!

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous cards, Emily! Love the mix of pp!

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! Love the paper piecing on both cards--especially those fun balloons!

Angela said...

Doing a little Em catching-up -- can I say that your little pink-and-blue owl just slays me? Especially with those balloon/pumpkins! The actual Halloween version makes me chuckle too -- always the master paper-piecer!