Friday, April 13, 2018

{Spellbinders} Folk Art Collection by Lene Lok Release: Day 1


Hi, everyone! I was a guest designer on the Spellbinders blog last week featuring the new Folk Art Collection by Lene Lok and I finally get to share them with you here. I used the Rosemal Heart and Nordic Tree dies on two cards with a shared colour theme.


These are two of the largest dies in the collection and you can see that they fill up an entire 5.5" x 5.5" or 4.25" x 5.5" (A2) card, which makes it easy to create clean and simple cards with them.


I used daubers to add distress ink to the die cuts. I love that a few colours instantly transforms these dies into complete scenes!


I added white glitter and purple frames to the square Rosemal Heart card, then double-stamped the sentiment since the bottom of the die hung down into the sentiment a bit. I added a bit of foam tape under the birds only. The rest of the Rosemal Heart die was adhered directly to the front panel.


I kept the design of the Nordic Tree card even simpler. The die itself was mounted with a second die cut from fun foam to give the entire die some dimension. I added white pearls to all of the birds' eyes and coloured them with a black Copic marker.


I also used bird-themed sentiments from Altenew's Birds of a Feather stamp set on both cards since the Rosemal Heart and Nordic Tree dies feature birds. These were stamped with black pigment ink and clear embossed for shine and dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my projects and I will see you again soon with more projects using dies from the Folk Art Collection by Lene Lok.
Sources:

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So pretty! Love the colours and the little birds.

Crystal said...

Lovely! I love the soft colors. The die is so pretty.

Purple Princess said...

So pretty! I love the colors!!