Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lovebirds

It's release week again over at Verve Stamps so this week's Mojo sketch doubles as the first of release week challenges. I must have a bird brain (to match the DP on my card) because after I finished the card, I realized I didn't include a different pattern on the bottom of the card below the ribbon. Big oops! Can you believe I didn't use any stamps either? This must be a first. The DP is so cute and colourful though I just had to show it off. There were so many colours to choose from that I didn't know what do put in the smaller square believe it or not. I decided not to add a sentiment as I am one of those people who writes a novel inside cards! This is one of those blank cards that works for any occasion from a simple hello, miss you or love you to a happy birthday and even get well soon. Initially I was going to pop several hearts off a flat square but then decided to try something different and do the reverse instead. This is also the first time I've used this symbolic style of ribbon. I'm showing the back of my card only because I was shocked to find black ink all over it. There was a bit on the front as well but the DP covered it up. I didn't notice the stains when I bought the cardstock! My remedy was to put a band of matching ribbon over it and then add my usual Hand-Stamped Just For You By Emily Leiphart above that. You can still see a bit of the ink but it looks better than it did before.



Sources: DCWV cardstock; Basic Grey Lime Rickey Howdy Doody paper; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; Marvy-Uchida heart punch; American Crafts ribbon; Darice hemp cord; random button

No comments: