Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pet Sympathy

Good friends of ours had to put down their beloved dog this past weekend and the news made me cry. I just can't imagine how hard it was for them to lose their best friend after a year that has already been difficult. I decided to make an unconventional sympathy card. I replaced the traditional With Sympathy sentiment with Miss You which has a double meaning here. After all, my friends will miss their baby girl terribly and I miss them because we haven't seen them in so long due to so many things going on in their lives. If there's one thing harder than people sympathy cards, it's one for a pet. I put together stamps from three different sets to make this sweet little card to recognize their loss.

Sources: SU (chocolate chip) & Q-Print (white) cardstock; Provo Craft paper; Local King Rubber Stamp Four Seasons (tree & Flowers); Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Accessories (d0g); HOTP Tiny Words & Images (Miss You); Memories Artprint Brown ink; SU Pink Pirouette & Pink Passion inks; Celebrate It ribbon; dimension squares

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute girl! Love it! And we had to put ours down last year, terrible time!

Stamp and Smile said...

An adorable card Emily!! So sad though your friends lost a good friend... :( I'm sure they enjoyed your thoughts and prayers with this sweet card!! SMILES... :)