Sunday, September 27, 2009

In the Woods

I've already used one of the sentiments from the Pink Cat Studio Fairy Friends set but I decided I would really break in the set with two of the images and I was most definitely going to use the mushroom house! The hard part was deciding which animal because they're all extremely cute with their different wands. I settled on the bunny because it was the most neutral and I couldn't resist those long ears that look like they're flapping in the wind. LOL

I made this card for my friend Simmer. One of her sisters is turning 40 next week. She requested a lovie family type card but I searched high and low for a suitable digital image and shockingly there was none. Can you believe that? Someone's definitely going to have to design some because there's a real shortage of those types of images out there.

When I was putting my son to bed last night, I dreamt up this layout but I didn't quite make it the way I sketched it. That always seems to happen! I even left out a couple of elements to keep it from looking too busy and I moved the sentiment I prepared to the inside of the card. I almost never put anything on the inside of my cards! Anyway, since the birthday girl has three kids I'm sure they'll find this card irresistible. Who wouldn't? ;)

Sources: TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; DCWV green stack - owl; DCWV green stack - toadstools; DCWV green stack - wood natural; Martha Stewart picket fence punch; Q-Print smooth white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Fairy Friends; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Gutermann thread; dimension squares; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; SU scallop circle punch

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute!!!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

I love mushrooms so of course I thought this was FAB! We are supposed to put something on the inside AND use DP? Ha!

Christyne said...

This is just adorable! Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

Anonymous said...

OMG Em, this is the cutest ever!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic layers and colors... Just sheer PERFECTION Emily!! TFS... :)