Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PCS Digi Stamps Launch #8 - "Fa La La La La"

After seeing March of the Penguins, we all know that penguins do sing, right? :) I can just imagine this adorable little guy singing Christmas carols as he swings on his candy cane swing! I know I keep saying it but Melissa is genius! Her images are the cutest and not only do I love colouring them but they really inspire me to create.

I knew I wanted to add a sentiment to this image but how would I use the one I really wanted? Masking! I'm a huge fan of Michelle Bartnett's work over at Just Painting Around and she always uses the term masking. I don't think I even realized what exactly she meant by it until today. It's like a light went on in my head! I printed out a second image on thin paper and cut around it just enough to barely cover what I didn't want the ink to touch. I carefully placed that on top and then inked up the sentiment and stamped on it. When I removed the mask, the original image on the cardstock was left with these beautiful holiday words around it. I cut out the coloured penguin from a second version on thick cardstock and popped him up on dimension squares. Doesn't he look like he's really swinging out of the card?

Originally, this card wasn't going to have the red and green snowflakes in the background. It did look fabulous with a lot of the kraft cardstock showing around the main image but I decided to try a fragmented stainglass look in the background. I can't believe I never tried this before and I'll probably have to use it again because I love how it looks! It's embarrassing to say but I really impressed myself with this one. I wish all my Christmas cards would turn out like this one. :D

If you'd like to purchase the PCS Penguin Candy Cane Swing digital image, please CLICK HERE!

Sources: SU kraft cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly dp; Paper Reflections red cardstock; Aitoh Silver Origami foil; Pink Cat Studio Penguin Candy Cane Swing; Copics; Atyou Spica glitter pen; dimension squares The Old Island Stamp Company Christmas Background; SU Garden Green ink

1 comment:

Lauretta See said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i think this is one of my favorites :)) love itttttttttt
hugs,