Saturday, October 3, 2009

Free Broom Rides!

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! Here in Toronto it's mostly overcast with scattered showers and it looks like the next couple of weeks will be more of the same. Fall is still my favourite season but in the past it hasn't been this rainy. I prefer snow over rain if you can believe it! I find it easier to move through snow, especially with the stroller. With snow I don't have to worry about having to carrying an umbrella or getting soaked. Anyway, enough about the weather!

Today I have another Pink Cat Studio Halloween card for you and I used the Itty Bitty Halloween set. The images make me laugh every time I look at them. LOL As you know, I've been writing down ideas and drawing sketches because I come up with ideas when I'm not free to make cards and it's so hard to remember everything. This was one of the cards I sketched out. I imagined this scene with Betty showing off on her broom and poor Kiki Kitty flying off the end of it. LOL I thought a foil moon and bats would be fantastic but what bats would I use? I didn't end up buying the QuicKutz bats I wanted. Oh, wait! There's a great bat in the set and I could just cut off Bobby. Sorry, Bobby! Maybe next time. ;) The scary fence and tombstones were easy peasy and I was definitely going to use this sentiment but the idea of a sign came to me at the last minute as I was finishing up the card.

Sources: SU textured black cardstock; SU textured going gray cardstock; SU textured basic gray cardstock; Provo Craft Hallo Palooza Halloween dp; Provo Craft Trick or Treat dp; Q-Print smooth white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Itty Bitty Halloween; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; The Japanese Paper Place origami foil; Martha Stewart scary fence punch; Uni-Ball Signo Broad gel pen; Gary M. Burlin silver glitter glue; Q-tip

5 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hi Emily! Cute card! I also keep a sketch book for the very same reason! Don't want to forget any great ideas!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Emily this is adorable.

Maria said...

Great Halloween card Emily. I love the layout and all the different elements you've added. Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog. Hugs, Maria

Silli said...

Hello Emily, your card is so sweet! I love your coloring! Great work. Happy sunday!

Melissa said...

This is such a fun card Emily! Your sketch is fab too :)
Great job!
Hugs,
Melissa