Thursday, December 10, 2009

Festive Bikes

A friend who used to design bikes with hubby now designs for his own company. He asked me to make some Christmas cards featuring 'Toronto' and 'bikes' for his global clients. I had a good laugh when he asked if I could make 'non-cutesy' cards. I guess it was time I took a break from making cute cards and tried something more elegant and serious. LOL I asked a graphic artist friend to whip up a Toronto skyline for this project and of course I had the perfect bicycle image to go along with it. I kept the overall design the same for all three cards but varied the colour of the sentiment, metallic stitching and embossed bikes.

Sources: SU ruby red cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Toronto Skyline by Joan Mann Designs; The Old Island Stamp Co. 608-B bicycle; Sunshine Designs CRSW004CU(lg) sentiment; Memories Black ink; Vivid Red ink; SU Garden Green ink; ColorBox Evergreen pigment ink; Rubber Stampede Red pigment ink; ColorBox Goldrush pigment ink; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; PSX Red & Malachite embossing tinsels; PSX Brass embossing powder; Hobby Hot Boss; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

3 comments:

Inkerbelle said...

Oh Emily, I loooove your Toronto Skyline cards!! (As a Canadian, from Toronto, I might be a tad biased, LOL). Bet your friend was really pleased.

Cindy Haffner said...

Emily these are wonderful.

Silli said...

Great idea, love it... Love the skyline!!!