Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So Sorry for Your Loss

I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend whose grandfather passed away. I'm not comfortable making sympathy cards and the Verve set Forever in Our Hearts has the perfect phrases and images. It took longer than expected for my set to arrive in the post but I'm glad I finally have it. I kept this card very simple - no embellies, no stitching, no dimension. What I've never done before is to set my layers off to the side. I can't believe I've never done it before. I had a great urge to add ribbon or buttons, to get out the sewing machine and stitch something but I held back thinking that simple is best. Have a great day!

Sources: SU Rich Razzleberry cardstock; AC textured cardstock; Basic Grey Indian Summer russet dp; Verve Forever in Our Hearts; SU Elegant Eggplant & Pink Passion inks

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic card Emily!! Such rich colors that warms my heart... SMILES! :)