Friday, January 1, 2010

CAS Host Set

Happy New Year! I hope you all had fun ringing in the new year whether it was in your jammies or out on the town. Hubby and I went out to a friend's new place but we were home by midnight as we have been for the past few years. We're just so old now and are usually asleep when the next year arrives so it was quite a feat that we were actually awake this year. LOL

I made this set for the host of the New Year's Eve party. It had to be quite masculine and something a guy wouldn't be embarrassed to give on any occasion, even if it's to another guy but I don't think men usually give each other cards. I decided to go CAS and use bold masculine colours. Even though there are scallops and ribbon I think they turned out well, just for the purpose I intended. :)


Sources: SU Kraft & Bashful Blue cardstock; SU textured Black cardstock; unknown 'Happy Happy' sentiment; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; Memories Black ink; SU Ballet Blue ink; SU 1-3/8" circle & scallop circle punches; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon; dimension squares

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

Super CAS cards! And I can always use an idea for masculine cards... and this one is PERFECT! We rang in the new year in PJ's and a movie... in bed by 11pm! We are OLD too... ha! :)

Happy New Year!!!