Saturday, July 31, 2010

CAS77: You're a Great Catch

I feel awful about not having participated in any SCS CAS Challenges this month so I felt I should at least do the last one for this month. Making this card was super easy because this week's CAS77 Challenge is to be inspired by the Dr. Seuss book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and my son has loved books from day one. This challenge also gave me the opportunity to discover a new colour combination that I normally wouldn't use and I quite like how it looks.

I loved Angela's third card from this post where she used rows of the eyelet lace border die and thought it would be fun to pair up the fish from Tiny Treats: Valentine with that border die. This was the first time using this die and it cut so nicely! My sewing machine was happy to get some love, too. ;) I framed the little fishes and sentiment with Fillable Frames #2. Since there was a lot of blue in the 'water', I used red accents in the sentiment, fish and embroidery floss to balance the card. Obviously my card is yellow-based just like the cover of the book!

Sources: AC textured yellow & blue cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; PTI Fillable Frames #2; PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Vivid Red ink; Copics; PTI Eyelet Lace border die; PTI Fillable Frames #2 die; QuicKutz Epic Six; Gutermann white thread; sewing machine; DMC red embroidery floss; SU Crystal Effects (to hold string in place at holes)

8 comments:

Meg said...

Oh this is so adorable, Emily! I love the three fishes and I think you may have completely sold me on fillable frames #2 (I think I'm going to send my next PTI bill to you, Angela, and Karen). And that eyelet die is so fabulous!

Perfect colors for the inspiration book, too! You know how scared I am of yellow and/or orange, but I really like it here!

Better get set for the CAS challenge on Monday! :)

G Peplow said...

Really like this card Emily it's totally CAS, Brilliant:)xx

Angela said...

Things I love about this card: the colors, the use of the frame/floss combo, the stitching on the die-cuts, the little fishies, using a Valentine's set in July, the shout-out!
It rocks.
And Meg, keep your bill! Too bad you live so stinkin' far away -- we could all share!!

Lindsey said...

Love this card! Love the blue "water", the touches of red, and how very cute the whole card turned out!

Jessy said...

Emily, this is super adorable. love the fish stamp and how you fit it inside the frame. I also like how you added the eyelet borders. SO COOL!! :-)

jimlynn said...

This is just fabulous!!! Super card. Love everything about it.
Lynn

Smita said...

Cut card!! I love the eyelet lace border!! It is just perfect :-)

Sunghee said...

wow! i love how you tied the thread. the layout is so awesome!