Thursday, July 22, 2010

pLayFul baby

Good evening! I should've mentioned this sooner but there won't be a Pink Cat Studio digi release this week or next. Melissa is enjoying a much-deserved vacation while her Mom is out there enjoying the west coast. I heard they were going zip lining on Grouse Mountain today. That brought back some wonderful memories of when I went zip lining in Costa Rica. It was so much fun!

This is another baby card for the same client who ordered Tuesday's card. I need to make two neutral ones since the parents don't know if they're having a boy or girl. As you could probably tell by now, I love kraft and I don't need an excuse to use it. When I realized it would look amazing with Summer Sun, I decided to go this route. I love playing with the words from Top Ten and Top Ten Additions so I picked three words and stamped away. Then I used Outlines Alphabet to spell baby, overlaid dots using Polka Dot Basics II and cut it out. I decided it would look best slightly off the text background and stamped the fun Fillable Frames #2 into position. To finish, I added a couple of gemstones and popped it for dimension.

I think the circles in the background really make this card fun. It almost looks psychedelic. I used it because it was the only embossing folder/impression plate I had that resembled anything "baby". If only I had (Side Two of) the new Book Print impression plate. Ya, I see that impression plate in my future. ;)

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; PTI Top Ten & Top Ten Additions; PTI Outlines Alphabet; PTI Polka Dot Basics II; PTI Fillable Frames #2; SU Summer Sun & Basic Gray inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; PTI Sunshine impression plate; QuicKutz Epic Six; Glue Dots pop up relief; Forever in Time gemstone stickers

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well, this is totally awesome. :) I love how UNtraditional it is!

Angela said...

Emily, this might be one of my fave baby cards ever! The way you used all of those stamp sets is really, really original. Sheesh, I think I have to have that outline alpha set -- between you and Meg, I'm hooked. Keep up the awesome work.

slinkycat said...

Gorgeous card Emily! Love that is neutral, so classy! :)

Leanne x

Meg said...

I am always so impressed at your designer's eye in putting stamped patterns together. I totally thought the words were patterned paper!! And your partial frame--you've completely sold me on this stamp over the past week!! I bet all your clients just squeal over the cards you give them!!

G Peplow said...

This card is gorgeous. Love grey and lemon together and it is so original, perfect:) xxx

Lynn said...

Adorable card Emily...love the color choices!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous in every way! I love the colours together and it's such an original design for a baby card. Your work is so inspirational, Emily, I always love to visit your blog! x

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Emily! LOVE it!