Friday, October 15, 2010

For You

Happy Friday! I hope you've all had a great week. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. :) Today's card may be my last card for the Unity WCMD Challenges. Have you had a chance to play yet? The deadline is tomorrow at midnight and there are great prizes to be won! The card I made here is for USCWCMD22 which is to include a handmade flower embellishment.

I didn't want to use anything that wasn't Unity or Ippity and that included dies and nesties so I decided to use one of the flower images from the September KOTM to make a 3D flower! I stamped the image once on an Ippity background and then stamped the flower twice on another sheet of ivory cardstock. I cut those two flowers out and put slits in between some of the petals. I also slightly lifted some of the petals for added dimension. I rotated the first (middle) layer approximately 180 degrees before adhering so you can see some of the longer petals at the top. The second (top) layer of the flower was placed in its original position but slightly off-centre so you can see the maximum amount of petals on all three layers.

To complete the card, I used the lace frame from the July KOTM (you know I love it) and stamped it on the background of the coral layer as well as the base layer as an accent. The card would've been too plain otherwise. I started where you see the sentiment since I knew I wanted part of it to anchor the sentiment. The other bits of lace you see poking out were randomly stamped after that first inking. This card has five layers in total.

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you a fun and relaxing weekend. :)

Sources: SU Kraft, Cameo Coral & Naturals Ivory cardstock; Unity July 2010 Kit of the Month - Happily Ever After; Unity September Kit of the Month - When I Am With You; Ippity Book It; SU Crumb Cake ink; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Stampin' Dimensionals

11 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is beautiful, Em! Love the way you cut and layered that flower! Great clean design, too! :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Gorgeous love the layered flower!!!!

Melissa said...

So gorgeous Em!!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card, love the colours again and so many layers, gorgeous:0) xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this Emily! That layered flower is superb - I love how you've positioned the layers.

Janna Werner said...

cute :) as always, Emily!
Janna

Lindsey said...

I am totally in awe of this card... what an awesome job! I love the subtlety and the dimension.

wendyp said...

Love all those layers in the flower! Gorgeous!!!

Meg said...

Wow, awesome card, Em! FIVE layers? You're crazy, girl! I love, love, love that book it background. And of course your flower is awesome. Great idea stamping your matting layer--it does adds just the right amount of detail & interest.

Hope you get lucky in at least one of the challenges!

Angela said...

Love the bits of the lace image that pop up on all those lovely clean layers! That flower rocks, too! Hey, you must've been channeling the Wplus9 challenge that just went up -- it almost exactly fits!
Not only an artist, but a psychic too!

Alice said...

such a sweet card, Emily. love the dimension on the flower and all the beautiful background stamping!