Sunday, September 3, 2017

{Neat & Tangled} Floral Heart, Prehistoric + My Favorite Nut


Hi everyone! If you've been following along on Instagram, I'm playing along with Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge and these are the cards for today, featuring Floral Heart, Prehistoric and My Favorite Nut. These sets are too cute for words! I'm obviously a huge fan of all things Elena Roussakis. ;)


My son has a stuffed diplodocus named Dippy and it's his most precious stuffie so, naturally, I had to own this set. I had to pair up the dinosaur with the floral heart. I lined the floral heart with fun foam and then lifted just Dippy's head with a piece of foam tape to make it look like he's popping out of the centre of the floral heart. I'll be giving my son this card on the first day of school.


The second card features my all-time favourite squirrel set! The original sentiment is on one line but I broke it up so it could fit into the centre of the floral heart along with the squirrel, whose head I also popped up with foam tape. The little envelope is flat on the panel and the two extra little acorns are also popped up with foam tape.


It was so much fun to colour these floral hearts! I thought it would take a very long time but once I had all the distress inks out, it was easy to create a pattern and vary the colours. I'll save the squirrel card for one of my husband's business trips. I always like to send a bunch of cards with him to ease the stress of being away.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

These are amazing! Love the way you incorporated Dippy and the squirrel into them. (Did D love his card?) i agree, the wreath is much easier to colour than it might first look!

Miriam Prantner said...

Totally adorable! I love these combinations with the floral heart!